Four in Hand Knot
The Four in Hand Knot makes for a narrow, tie knot. It is best suited for a standard button-down dress shirt. This is a great method for uniform ties. It is also a simple method to tie a tie.
To tie the Four in Hand Knot, select a tie of your choice and stand in front of a mirror. Then simply follow the steps below:
1) The wide end "W" should extend about 12 inches below the narrow end "N". Cross the wide end "W" over the narrow end "N".
2) Turn the wide end "W" back underneath the narrow end "N".
3) Continue by bringing the wide end "W" back over in front of the narrow end "N" again.
4) Pull the wide end "W" up and through the loop around your neck.
5) Hold the front of the knot loosely with your index finger and bring the wide end "W" down through the front knot.
6) Remove your finger and tighten the knot carefully to the collar by holding the narrow end "N" and sliding the knot up.
That's it! That is all there is to the Four in Hand Knot.
You will quickly learn to tie this necktie knot in less and less time every time you practice it